Thursday, October 8, 2009

Here's my favourite New Zealand sight for today! I talked to a co-worker this morning, and she explained that they were planning on getting 'Sky-View'. They only have free-view TV, and very poor reception, so it is time to get Sky View (I guess it's similar to our "Cable TV"). Anyway, she said they'd be at the house, peel the roof, install cables, put it all back together by the time she came home from work today. I didn't ask any questions about "peel the roof" - really, you just smile and nod sometimes. Then, off I went to my home visit. I drove down the street, and past a "Sky-View" van, so I knew what was going on at that house (not my co-worker's house). Then I see that the tin roof on the house has literally been peeled back, like the lid of a sardine can, and all I see is beams, and I can see right inside the house. (Oh, I wish I had my camera). There is not only no insulation, there is no vapor barrier, no liners, no shields, no boards, no wood. Just a tin roof between the house and the clear blue sky -- Brrr. No wonder I'm always cold!!
Reg

No comments:

Post a Comment